The iPad mini 2019 has matching specs to the iPad Air, in terms of what's on the inside.
Here's what you'll find inside the 2019 iPad mini:
- A12 Bionic chip with its 4‑core graphics engine.
- Apple’s Neural Engine.
- 64GB or 256GB storage.
- Retina display with True Tone technology, which means that the screen will react to the ambient light, which is better for your eyes, and also makes colours more faithful.
- Laminated display (we don't like the non-laminated displays that have appeared on some iPads as we feel they are bendy).
- Gigabit‑class LTE connectivity - that’s 4G LTE Advanced.
- 8MP camera
- 1.2MP FaceTime camera
- 10 hours of Wi-Fi browsing, 9 hours of cellular browsing
The 2018 iPad has an A10 chip along with the M10 coprocessor. The storage options for that model are 32GB or 128GB.
The iPad mini (like the 2018 iPad) also offers:
- Apple Pencil support.
- Bluetooth keyboard support.